Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I'm already behind......

The idea for this blog came to me sometime in December. I thought it would be a motivator to actually accomplish my resolutions....maybe. As you can see, thus far it hasn't helped. In my head I saw myself staying up, watching the ball drop, and waking up at 6am the next morning to start off the new year in a productive way. Well, that didn't happen. I hope all my plans don't follow the same pattern. Do you have to start resolutions on the first? I planned to start eating healthy, but last night I polished off some Hershey candy cane kisses and this morning I've had a diet coke and some popcorn. Oh well, I have to have something to strive for next month, right? Let's just make this month my organization month, and NEXT month my eat healthy month. I don't know if I've ever written down my resolutions because then I can just say...oops I forgot, I'll try that one next year. Well this year in an attempt to be more productive I guess I'll write them down.

2012 Resolutions
1. Be a better wife to my husband
2. Be a better mom to my kids
3. Be a better housekeeper
4. Get organized
5. Eat healthier (I know)
6. Exercise at least 4 days a week
7. Have a date night with my hubby at least once a month.
8. Be better at thank you cards/birthdays/etc.

Eight sounds like a good number. I probably shouldn't attempt any more than that seeing that I've already been impatient with the kids, I'm behind on laundry, and well, I've confessed my eating habits. I look back on last year and think...Really? You couldn't have done any better than that? You've had a year to get used to having three kids and your still this frazzled? The answer is yes. My best friend is the most amazing woman I know. She told me when I was pregnant..."oh, you just wait." I thought she was trying to scare me. She was right. I get it now. She however, has it together and is pregnant with her fourth. She wasn't kidding when she said three kids was an adjustment! I'm still adjusting a year later! Hopefully this is my year. I'm going to get it together! I can feel it! I think. I hope. Be good to me 2012! Gosh....I'm tired already!

No comments:

Post a Comment